Funding the Program
Do NOT let a lack of funding prevent your students from benefiting from these innovative character and leadership building experiences. Eighty percent (80%) of the schools we work with are Title 1 schools, where at least 75% of the student population qualify for free or reduced price meals.
With our scholarship program, no child is turned away because they are unable to pay the participation fee. In 2014, our scholarship fund provided character programming for more than 1,600 disadvantaged students. 100% of the donations to our scholarship fund goes directly to fund a character or leadership adventure program for a Title 1 school. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, all donations made to Vehicle For Change are tax deductible.
Click here to apply for a scholarship.
If you're school does not qualify for Title 1...
we have some suggestions to help offset the cost for the school so you can conduct an effective comprehensive Character Education or Outdoor Education program. Regardless of current funding, every school can implement a successful event.
The following are suggestions to off-set school costs of implementing your Character Education or Leadership program:
- Charge a participation fee to each student attending to help defray the costs - an on campus FIELD TRIP.
- Present plan to your PTA/PTO and ask for sponsorship
- Seek General Fund support from your central administration and school board.
- Use vending machine/concessions proceeds.
- Seek corporate donations and sponsorships.
- Apply for local or federal grants (ie. Smaller Learning Community Grant) www.k12grants.org.
Title I funds or Title IV-21st Century Schools (Safe and Drug Free Schools).
- Ask your teacher mentors to volunteer to assist during your event.
- Offer a fundraiser—We suggest: Teamwork Fundraising.